Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Who is Bailout Bill?

GARETH SAYS...

I awoke to an email from my sister this morning telling me about the free money that was being given away in NYC. The line went for miles and brought back depressing images of people queuing up in Russia for bread. Unfortunately i'm about a 1000 miles away from NYC so i won't be lining up anytime soon.

"Imagine getting £35 for doing absolutely nothing. Well in New York, a man is giving away stacks of cash to anyone who's prepared to stand in line for it.
The mystery man, who calls himself 'Bailout Bill', says in the middle of an economic crisis ordinary Americans who are struggling to make ends meet deserve a bailout.
In order to get the money people have to go the 'Bailout Booth' in the heart of Manhattan's Times Square.
It's a small cubicle, a couple of blocks away from the massive Virgin Megastore.
The minimum anyone can get is $50 (£35). The maximum is $5,000 (£3,513).
No matter who you are or what you do Bailout Bill guarantees that you'll get something if you just show up and tell your story."


I liked this request from the Bailout Booth website...

I NEED CASH, DINERO, PESOS, CHEESE, CREAM, LOOT, SQUASH, GWAP, PAPER, NOTES, STICKY BANG BANG, GREEN BEANS, GREEN BACKS, GREEN LEAVES, CABBAGE, SPINACH, LETTUCE, TOMATOES, WHEAT BREAD SLIGHTLY TOASTED, AND LASTLY A JOB SO I CAN STOP ASKING STRANGERS IF THEY'D LIKE A LAP DANCE. IT JUST DOESN'T WORK THAT WELL IF YOUR A DUDE.
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's amazing. What's the point of him doing it though? Is he doing it out of kindness or does he have another motive. I guess that's the cynic in me. Of course if he was in my area I'd que up too.