Thursday, January 1, 2009

WAIT WHAT?

AMY SAYS...
So it finally arrived...the morning I was going to England to see Gareth for the first time in almost 2 whole weeks!!! I know that doesn't seem that long but it felt like a lifetime!!

Gareth had me call Virgin, seeing as they has sent him to JKF when his flight was leaving Newark Airport, miles away!

I set my alarm for 4:30am, my flight was leaving Newark at 8:05am. I asked Gareth to call me to make sure I was up, set all three alarms and went to bed.

My alarms were all broken and Gareth had tried calling my 30 times! I woke up at 5am! Yikes I had to bolt!

I so grab my suitcase and ran to catch a taxi to the airport. It was freeeezing!! I caught a cab and off we went. Gareth called me and we started gabbing about how lucky it was that I actually woke up when my alarms didn't go off! Anyway, we were gabbing along when, I looked up and the was a sign for LaGuardia Airport...NOOOOOOOO!!! The cabdriver's taken me to the wrong place!!!

So I didn't argue with him I just said, "Step on it and just go to Newark!"

Gareth called me back and said, "What's happened?" I told him and he couldn't believe it! "Oh, no, you're never gonna make it!!!" He said.

I told him don't worry I will!

And again off we went...at 100mph. In exactly 30mins we made it from Queens, through Manhattan all the way to Jersey!!!

Gareth kept say, "But that's, that's just so STUPID!!!"

I didn't argue with the driver..just prayed that he focused on driving!

Gareth called me again and said, "When you get to the airport just tell them you took a cab all the way to JFK (which was on my e-ticket) and they told you your flight was leaving Newark!!! Ask them to pay for your cab fare!"

SO I did just that and without and hesitation the manager refunded my $150 cab ride and pushed me straight through the queue!! There I was, on the plane in no time having spent absolutely nothing for the cab ride there!!!


And I even tipped the cab driver!!!

Thank you VIRGIN and Gareth!!

No comments: