Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The ring




GARETH SAYS...
Here is a bit of a belated update on the proposal and the ring. Back in December (yep i decided i wanted to marry her that long ago) I found a jeweler in New York who helped you make your own engagement ring. Perfect i thought. As Amy is an artist i thought i'd arrange for her to make her own ring afterall who am i to tell her what the engagement ring should be like?!?! I thought it was a super plan. I got the jeweler to give me a box with some little lumps of white gold in and a precious stone. I stuck them into a blob of blu tac and presented Amy with this 'Do-It-Yourself' ring kit in the restaurant. I thought it was a great idea, Amy wasn't so sure....

AMY SAYS...
Gareth's idea for an engagement ring was very thoughtful. But, I know that if I made my own ring, I would think of myself every time I looked at it. I'd wonder if I had done a good job or not, if I should have made it differently etc... Ultimately, I would NOT be thinking about Gareth and I've always wanted an engagement ring, not necessarily an expensive one, but one that every time I looked at it, I would smile and think of my future husband - not question my jewlery making skills.

So we've decided to make each others wedding bands - super sweet!

GARETH SAYS...
So that is why Amy is currently wearing a $20 engagement ring from the market! Not the one in the picture! She wanted it but it didn't come in her size.

No comments: