Thursday, August 7, 2008

Blood out of a stone

GARETH SAYS...

My old flatmate is ignoring my emails. He owes me $418.75 but i'm not holding my breath.

Grrrrrrrr frustration.

Amy wrote this email (apparently my version was a bit 'aggressive'!).


Hey Doody,

Hope life in the East Village is still treating you well. Congratulations on
your engagement! Amy and I just got engaged as well – good stuff!

Anyway, I’m emailing you because I feel that I gave you plenty of notice when I moved out and I just don’t think it’s fair that you deducted $418.75 due to insufficient notice on my part as I told you I wanted to move out the beginning of May on April 7th and paid you rent until the 7th May (four weeks in total). Seriously, it’s not a large sum of money, but at this point in time EVERY little bit helps. I was shocked when I received less then half of my deposit back from you – especially when I did everything in my power to make sure you didn’t get screwed in any way.

I don’t want there to be any hard feelings between us, but basically I feel
that I’ve been short changed and fair is fair. Please send me a check for the $418.75 from my deposit. You and I both know that I gave you plenty of notice and we’ll call it a day!


Thanks,

G

5 comments:

Mused To Death said...

I feel an Amnesty International style barrage of letters coming on. If he doesn't send you a cheque within a week, we'll all send him an email. This is one occasion where all your readers can help you get some money back.

Gareth Miles said...

I'm all for that ;)

Steve said...

My version...

Dude

Really? I mean c'mon? 4 weeks notice is like an eternity. And I gave you 4 weeks before I moved out. So like saying that I gave insufficient notice is like totally not cool.

Even my lawyer thinks so.

Actually I'm paraphrasing my lawyer just so that things don't get heavy; so let's sort this out before I bring down a weight of headed notepape on your ass.

G'ruff

Anonymous said...

Perhaps if he doesn't pay up you could set your lemonade stand up outside his apartment / house with a sign stating exactly why you are having to resort to selling homemade lemonade on the street.

Unknown said...

What a knob!

Unless he has something in writing that states that you have to give him more than 4 weeks notice then he doesn't have a leg to stand on.

I'm all for emailing him 100 times a day until he pays up!

Careful about putting your address online by the way. I know you don't have much money to steal but the identity grabbers are still out there!!