Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Fucking Irony of it all!!!

AMY SAYS...

Today I looked on line with little hope of trying to reconsolidate my government loans and found a link that read "Reduce Your Student Debt by Up to 70%!" Woha! Yippy Kiyay Muthafuckas!! So I filled out the form and within seconds someone called me - freaky.

I asked what the consequences for a "Settlement plan" were. He said "Well we basically we sell all of your information to creditors until the debt is settled and your credit score plummets - it's basically an alternative to bankruptcy."

I said "Ok I owe $106K but I'm not delinquent in any way."

He said, "Great, are your loans Privately funded or Government backed?"

To which I said, "I just paid off all of my private loans the public loans are the only ones left!"

He said "Sorry we can't do anything about Government backed loans only Private loans."

To which I said "Fuck!"

To which he said, "Well at least you did it the correct way and didn't have to make a settlement."

To which I said, "Fuck!" Again

I don't know if this would have been a right move or not but maybe if I'd settled on the Private loans and paid off the public WE'D BE DEBT FREE with horrible chances of ever getting a loan or a mortgage in the future.

So on we go with my credit score intact and my information private - UGH!

No comments: