Sunday, June 15, 2008

4$ Dresses

Last week I was not feeling very pretty or very girly. It seemed like everyone in the city had revamped their wardrobes and was now in head to toe summer fashion. I looked through our closet and all I had was a pair of paint splattered jeans and a bunch of ripped T-Shirts. When summer finally rears its face it is always nice to shed your ugly puffer and have something pretty to prance around in.

On our budget I will have to be creative. I looked on Ebay and found some really nice dresses, but I am petite and my body is pretty unforgiving when it comes to size. So, I went to the fabric store and bought 2 yards of jersey fabric, laid it down on my studio floor and traced the outline of my body.

I used the sleeves from an old T-shirt to measure my arms for the pattern. I dug through my drawers and found thread from a project I did a long time ago, then I started to sew. In about an hour I had made myself a sumer dress that fit me like a glove for only $4!

Fuck, the mark up on clothes is RIDICULOUS! Not that I don't respect Diane, Helmut, et al but I plan to make about 5 more Amy originals as best as I can to have my very own summer duds to strut in!

No comments: