Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Darning and hacking

GARETH SAY...

To save me having to buy a new pair of jeans, Amy spent last Saturday night patching up the hole that was rapidly developing in my crotch area of my 501s. She has kept a pair of jeans that she used to wear when she was 18 for the specific purpose of patching. The jeans are now almost as good as new and they come with the benefit that Amy is near my nuts every time i wear them.

But Amy's cost saving skills don't stop there. Not only can she sew - she can also cut hair! Straight after sorting out the jeans she had me in the bathroom and set about me with a pair of scissors. Not a bad job was done even if i do look like a 12 year old.

Here's to saving money - free haircuts and jeans that have a teenage girl's denim sewn into the crotch.

No comments: