Monday, May 5, 2008

The conspiracy to keep you poor

AMY SAYS…

Welcome to B & H Photo, Video, Pro Audio, home to all Hasid’s, their wives, brothers, nephews, uncles, pets, children and grandchildren.

B&H is where I purchased my $4,000 HD projector. They are excellent when it comes to knowledge of equipment and competitive prices; the best in the city I'd even say.

They have a ‘used’ video department which I called today and asked how much I could sell my HD projector back for. I explained that I still have the original packaging, it was purchased under a year ago and it has less then 24 lamp hours on it: it is practically brand new!

The sales clerk laughed at me under his breath and said, "$800 was the best he could do." Oh my God, (or Eloi! Yesh' in Hebrew) what a racket!

Although my net worth has now dropped $4,000, I will take this valuable lesson away with me and while I'm at it make a vow:

Unless I have money to throw away, I will rent NOT buy ANY video equipment. I will ONLY invest in things that will appreciate, well, me and my hard earned cash! (This sentence is too long to translate into Hebrew for free)

2 comments:

henryp said...

B&H is where I purchased my $4,000 HD projector. They are excellent when it comes to knowledge of equipment and competitive prices; the best in the city I'd even say.

Thank you. This is very gratifying.
Henry Posner
B&H Photo-Video

Steve said...

I think he may have missed the "and then they tried to screw me on resale" part.

Ain't selective attention cool?