Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Stinky thoughts

AMY SAYS...

I'm in Dublin on a workshop this week. Being so far away combined with working intensive hours has caused me to feel extremely disconnected. I didn't bring my iphone for fear of insane roaming charges so I also feel quite powerless in terms of getting in touch; I either have to be at the hotel or I have to borrow my boss's phone.

In the meantime Gareth has not been out of sight or out of mind - just the opposite in fact. I've been grabbing any goodies I can find around our 'posh' hotel to take home to him. As I was making a 'dump' of newly found goodies into my suitcase I realized something was different about my socks:

The simplest and probably the cheapest thing brought me right back home to him - all of my socks were stuffed with fortune cookies and candy x

2 comments:

Sylvie said...

Amy, you're one lucky lady.
You need to get yourself a skype account and download it onto your laptops, that lets you phone other skype users via your computer for absolutely free anywhere in the world. All you need is a computer with a speaker and microphone and if you have a webcam you can also see them. that's how I keep in touch with my friends and family abroad and it's unbelievable how much my phone bills have come down! Enjoy Dublin!

Gareth Miles said...

I will do Sylvie - thanks for the advice!