Friday, May 30, 2008

A Dutiful English Wife


GARETH SAYS...

Amy and I are very similar in many respects and completely different in others.

The differences mainly manifest themselves in two ways:

She is a Woman and I am a Man.

She is American and I am English.

I have been slowly trying to introduce her to the ‘English way’ such as my fondness for Hankies - something that amuses her mum no end :) - and my love of afternoon tea.

Two weekends ago we had a go at making scones and homemade lemon curd. Both of which were truly delicious - the scones were light and fluffy and the curd was wonderfully tart. They were so good I made Amy the certificate you see here!

But this cultural exchange isn't just one way. We made American Pancakes last Saturday and Pretzel making is on the menu for next weekend.

Cooking is so much fun and one of the added benefits is that it is cheaper than buying stuff.

No comments: