Friday, July 4, 2008

exchange student

AMY SAYS….

Gareth has been living with my family for about 2.5 months. I have to hand it to him, he is the 'perfect" son my mother never had. It must be strange for him living in a house full of female-German-Italian-Russian Jews, even the dog is a bitch :)

He must feel like an exchange student of sorts. But last night we came home together and we had the apt all to ourselves! I said to him "listen, shhh, listen, do you hear a dog, no, do you hear a mom, nope, do you hear a little sis, nope." That's right it was the first time since Operation Night Brace began that we had the house all to ourselves. Wow what a feeling to be control of your own home. It was precious. I can only imagine how appreciative we will be when we have control like that all the time!

I know New York is loud and cramped but we will never appreciate that 10-15 minutes of peace and quiet more then we do right now.

No comments: