Thursday, April 24, 2008

2x2x2

AMY SAYS…

April 24, 2008

I woke up this morning, at ’silly-o-clock’ with my eyes glued shut; sealing both my contacts in tightly, I couldn’t see a thing! I tried to ignore the pain but eventually my finger made it’s way to the phone and called Gareth, not me folks the finger! I quickly hung up on the second ring – I really didn’t want to wake him – he needed a good rest!

That’s when the light bulb went off: I still live with my mother, a.k.a. mommy – and I didn’t feel badly about waking her, so I did. She was a mommy champion, she jumped out of bed and went to work on fixing me immediately.

That’s when I got the text: In a cab, be there in 20. Gareth came to my rescue and cuddled me for 2 hours. My hero. I went to the doctor and he told me I had 2, not 1, but 2 bacterial infections taking over both my eyes. My doc said, “Ouch, it looks severe.” So he sent me to the Ophthalmologist, yikes…the good news is I won’t go blind – the bad news is it cost me $90! 2 doctors, 2 prescriptions for 2 nasty eye infections!

I had to remind myself all day that:
1) no matter how far in debt you are - NEVER mess with your health!
2) no matter how old you are, it’s always nice to have 2; a mommy and a “Nurse Gareth” near by.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Gareth,

It must run in the extended family. After my dad retired he spent six months trying to see how little water he could use in an attempt to get his (metered) water bill down to almost 0.

He ended up only washing at the gym - for 6 months !

Craziness.

Good luck.

James

PS Amy - hi