Monday, April 21, 2008

A boring drunk

GARETH SAYS…
We lucked out with freebies today. A friend of my sister and brother-in-laws brought us all lunch at Rosa Mexicana – delicious (shame Amy couldn’t make it)! And then in the evening Amy and I went to celebrate the opening of her brother-in-law’s new restaurant at the top of the Upper West Side. Delicious finger food and as much free drink as you could handle. We got smashed! Amy reckons it was the first time she has ever seen me drunk. I tend not to get drunk too often as I’m a boring drunk – I get tired quickly and want to curl up in a ball which isn’t much fun. When I was at college people would show me the traffic cones they’d carried home after a heavy night of drinking and all I could think was: “Where did you get the energy from?”

No comments: