Wednesday, April 23, 2008

‘WE’ NOT ‘I’, ‘OURS’ NOT ‘HERS’

GARETH SAYS...

Amy said yesterday that all this is making her feel sick with worry. She is worried I’m not going to be happy over the next 6 months living on so little. (Interesting fact - $28 is actually over 7 times the daily income in India). She is worried that I’ll regret giving up all that I have.

To try and stop her worrying I asked her two simple questions:

“Would you do it for me?”

To which she responded: “Yes”

“Would you be happy doing it for me?”

“Yes” she said again.

Sometimes in life you just don’t have a choice about doing something. That’s ‘not having a choice’ in a bad way. You just realise you don’t want to do anything else.

I’ve noticed that my language around the debt has changed over the last three weeks – I no longer refer to it as ‘her debt’, instead I find myself referring it to ‘our debt’.

Sometimes you can’t just sit on the sidelines and let someone else play the whole game without you.

Look Wheel Of Fortune executives – I am trying to be more sporty (‘sidelines’, ‘whole game’ references) and as I type this I am looking at a car magazine and cleaning my gun collection.

No comments: