Monday, April 21, 2008

Asking Mum

AMY SAYS...

I did consider going home and not asking "mum" if Gareth could move in. I'd just tell him she said "no", point blank "no", but of course I didn't. I did exactly as he requested. "Go home as ask your mum in a way that she can NOT say no, show her the charts we made...oh and offer to make her a cup of coffee!"

Well, that's what I did. I sat down timidly and asked her like a ten year old would ask for a monkey. Before I could finish she said, "Of course, anything I can do to help, I will do." Shit. I did, again, consider telling Gareth she said "no", making up stories like she hit me over the head with a sauce pan or she ran out of the room screaming before I could convince her (but he's met her so that won't work). Or maybe, I could tell him she fainted and I'd have to wait to talk to her...but no...I told him the truth, I made the phone call and that was the end of that.

No comments: