Thursday, April 24, 2008

Spaghetti flashbacks

GARETH SAYS…

This whole experience reminds me of when I used to work in advertising as a creative and my copywriter lived off nothing but tins of own-label spaghetti.

Everyday for about five months he ate the same thing – spaghetti on toast. He brought in the tins each day and work provided the bread (as much toast as you can eat was pretty much the only perk of working in that uninspiring hole of an agency).

If he wasn’t so tall and lanky to begin with I’m sure this monotonous diet would have had that effect (Amy tells me she went orange once from drinking too much carrot juice). The reason for this peculiar diet was because he was saving up to get married and those 26p cans meant they were able to save enough money to have a fantastic day.

You will be pleased to hear that roast chicken, not spaghetti, was served up to the guests at the wedding reception.

No comments: